The following is the 18min talk I gave at Constellation Connected Enterprise on how to move social from being a stand-alone service for sharing, to integrating social features into the business tools that your company relies on the run your business.
Purposeful Collaboration - how to implement social the right way
Blogger or Wordpress? Discuss.
Ugh. Why did Android ruin the alarm clock UI in KitKat? It used to be so simple to set, no they have a stupid clock UI. #fail
Below is my review of the Salesforce Dreamforce 2013 keynote.
- Salesforce - more than just technology... philanthropy is at the heart of the company's core values
- Introducing Salesforce1, the platform for the Internet of Customers
- The impact of connected devices - Demonstrations of Salesforce1 Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce focused on providing business outcomes versus focusing on the technology
- I would have liked more focus on internal topics, ex: what connected devices like office doors, meeting rooms, furniture could do to help employees collaborate
- Vision is great, but execution is what matters. Pricing, packaging, support, etc.
Organizations can also think of this message as "Welcome to the Intranet of Employees", since they are essentially your company's internal customers.
In Ironman, JARVIS is Tony Stark's automated assistant. What other examples of AI assistants do you know of? (Not Siri or Google Now)
PLEASE... when you want to connect with me on LinkedIn, click the pencil icon, not the word "Connect", and take 30 seconds to write a personal message. Thank you.
Google is talking a lot about how great their photo experience is. Am I the only one that finds it TERRIBLY confusing?
- When pictures from my phone are auto-backed up, I assume they are private, but how do I know that? I can't tell in anyway looking at them that they are private. Am I missing some visual indicator that shows public vs. private vs. shared with X?
- If I delete a picture from the web, do they delete off my phone as well? (and vice versa)
- I can't figure out how to organize photos into albums. I can select multiple, but I don't see any "move to album" feature.
Datapoint: Nov 2013 Google is claiming 540M active (within 30 day window) Google+ users. #socbiz
Something that always amazes me wrt "social" is how many cliques think their group is "special" ex: "What? You Don't know so-and-so!"